How To Lose Weight At Home you need to focus on 2 things
- Home Weight Loss Workout
- Home Weight Loss Diet
Home Weight Loss Workout
When working out at home make sure you perform cardio exercises to lose weight and bodyweight training to tone the muscles up for that reason you workouts will include 2 things
- Cardio workout for fat loss
- Body weight workout to build and toned muscle
Cardio workout at home
Below are some of the best cardio workouts to do at home — anytime, anywhere. Try these exercises in the morning (or whenever you have some free time), and you’ll be energized and empowered throughout your day.
Cardio kickboxing: This all-in-one activity pushes you on every level. The rapid movements involved don’t just get you sweating and shedding those pounds, kickboxing also improves balance, coordination and even flexibility. In addition to all this, the stress relief it affords and the fact that you’re learning self-defense are pretty rad reasons to kickbox. On top that, regular sessions can increase your energy levels. So why not try it first thing in the morning and channel your inner Rocky Balboa in front of the mirror?
Dance: It doesn’t get more fun than dancing, and while you’re having oodles of fun serving up some fierce dance moves, you’re getting in a whole-body workout that burns as many calories as jogging. Though running and cycling are great workouts, they only target a specific part of your body — your legs. Also, as dance moves often require alternating between arms, legs, and glutes, the core is almost always engaged. Plus, few breaks means it’s one of the most fat-burning workouts around (now you know why dancers are so lean and toned). So, even if you don’t have the moves like Jagger, put that music on full blast and let loose!
Jump rope: Skipping rope is cheap, cheerful and calorie-burning! You probably remember this activity from your childhood, but how about giving it a go now? Jumping rope requires a lot of coordination and engages your arms, shoulders, back, quads, and abs at all times, and if you sneak in a few tricks, you can even target more muscles than that. The exercise is best suited to a big living room or a small garden. Make sure to move any objects from the vicinity and do not try this near small children or pets. Oh, and watch out for light fixtures and ceiling fans!
Stair climber: Another great cardio workout at home and an exercise that burns a ton of calories while building muscle and power is stair-climbing. Pushing that body up against gravity means you work on those legs in a functional way, which doesn’t have the same potentially damaging impact on your knees as running jogging. And since every staircase will eventually come to an end, you can rest as you walk back down – it’s a HIIT exercise in disguise. So get up those office building or house stairs now!
Also do check this article out What’s The Right Amount Of Cardio to Burn belly fat & Build Muscle
Body Weight Home Workout
Now to build muscles and tone them you will do circuit routine, you’ll do each exercise in succession without a break in between (if you’re able). Once you’ve finished all exercises in the circuit, do it again.
If you’re still able after the 2nd run through, go for a third.
Because all of these exercises come one after another, you’re bound to get tired – and that’s okay! We all start somewhere.
It’s better to stop and take a break than to do an exercise incorrectly. If you can’t do all three circuits without stopping, great! That gives you something to work towards.
Before you start, don’t forget WARM UP – Never ever ever ever forget to warm up. Make sure to get your heart rate pumping and get your muscles warm or you’re just asking for injury.
You can run in place, jump rope, do a few push ups, pedal on a stationary bike, do some punches and kicks, jog up and down your stairs, and/or twist and swing your arms and legs to get them moving! Give it about 5 minutes, and don’t wear yourself out completely, but get your heart rate elevated and little bit of sweat never hurt anybody.
After the warm up, here is exactly what you need to do:
- 20 bodyweight squats
- 10 push ups
- 20 walking lunges – 10 each leg
- 10 dumbbell rows (using a gallon milk jug or another weight)
- 15 second plank
- 30 jumping jacks
After you’ve completed your workout at home, do some stretches. All of your muscles have been contracted from lifting and need to be stretched back out and rebuilt.
For either the body weight squats or lunges, if you can’t do them properly yet, it’s okay to put your hand on a support to keep your balance.
For the body weight squats, think of it like sitting back into a chair. If you can sit down onto a chair, and then stand immediately right back up without having to lean forward, you are in balance.
For the lunges, keep your eyes ahead and your upper body completely vertical. I had a slight bend at times in the video due to trying to exercise and explain at the same time.
I used a milk jug for my dumbbell, but you can use whatever is heavy enough for you. Find something that is challenging to lift 10 times in a row.
Do this routine 2-3 times a week, but never on consecutive days. You don’t build muscle when you’re exercising, you build muscle when you’re resting.
Generally I like follow a pattern of strength training on one day, then cardio training on the next, then strength training, then cardio training, and so on.
Here it would look like
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5||Day 6||Day 7|
|Body weight||Cardio||Body weight||Cardio||Body weight||Cardio||Rest|
Home Weight Loss Diet
- To lose weight the best thing is take your BW and multiply by 12 this will put you in the optimal fat burning zone eg for 180lbs guy 180 x 12 =2160 calories.
- Eat mostly weight loss foods to lose weight much faster & easier list here
- Use 1 of these tools like MyFitnesspalor Loseit to track yourcalories
- Drink at least 1 liter or 33 ounces of water everyday to prevent & flush out any excess water weight.
- Check your weight every 5-to-10 days& ONLY lower your calorie intake by 250+ calories if you’re not losing weight. Please note: if you’re eating less than 1500 calories and cant lose weight then chances are you’re not tracking your calories correctly.
3 Best Diet Tips to How To Lose Weight At Home
- Intermittent Fasting Eat the calories you need to lose weight at home on an intermittent fasting schedule to force your body to burn more fat. Learn more about How Intermittent Fasting Works
- More Protein Studies like this & this ALL prove you’ll lose weight faster when protein makes up at least 30% of your diet like these women who lost 11 pounds in 12 weeks doing nothing but eat more protein.
- 30% protein on 1000-to-1200 calories = 75-to-90 grams of protein per day
- 30% protein on 1200-to-1500 calories = 90-to-113 grams of protein per day
- 30% protein 1500-to-1750 calories on = 113-to-132 grams of protein per day
- 30% protein on 1750-to-2000 calories = 132-to-150 grams of protein per day
Also check this article out
- Bigger Forks & Blue Plates
Bigger forks make you eat less (and lose more weight) because you take bigger bites tricking you into believing you are full.
Research shows the color blue kills your appetite more than red, yellow, and orange.
5 Tips to Lose Weight Fast at Home
- Eat natural, whole foods whenever possible.
- Leave the soda, candy, and junk food out of your system.
- Sugar is worse than Jar Jar Binks – cut back on sugar and liquid calories wherever you can. The stuff is in everything!
- Swap out the grains on your plate for vegetables when you can.
- Make sure you get enough protein each day (meat, chicken, fish) – this helps with rebuilding muscles and things like that.
The raw honest truth: how you eat will be responsible for least 80% of your success or failure.
I’m not kidding when I say that. If you don’t develop a healthier relationship with food, no amount of exercise will get you there.
So if you’re doing this workout program because you’re interested in losing weight, know that training is only 10-20% of the puzzle!
The WORST is dutifully doing this workout routine for months or going to the gym for years and not getting results because you didn’t eat the right way!
If you don’t have months or years to make mistakes, and just want your own Yoda to tell you what to do, you’re in the right place!
We’ve been helping busy people like you train at home and make better food decisions without hating life! It’s our 1-on-1 Online Coaching Program, and it might be a great fit for you.
If you need more help then Sign up for my 1-on-1 coaching program where you will get to learn your situation, your lifestyle, and your experience, and then build a workout program and nutritional strategy that fits into your busy life. We get to know you better than you know yourself, and we’ve got the results to prove it! Consider checking out my coaching program if you’re looking for that next level of expert guidance and accountability.